Reasons to have a blog on a corporate website
The blog is without a doubt one of the strategies most used by experts in digital marketing to improve the positioning of a web page. In today’s article I would like to talk to you about the advantages and reasons for having a blog on a corporate website, as long as we work on it constantly.
Fun facts about blogging
Before talking to you about the reasons for having a blog, I would like to share with you a series of data, obtained from Hubspot, related to this topic:
- Companies that have a blog generate 55% of visits to their website than those that do not.
- 60% of users have a positive opinion about a brand after reading an article on their blog.
- E-commerce companies that write an article on their blog at least twice a month generate 70% more sales than those who do not have a blog.
As you can see, investing in the development of a blog gives very interesting results. Next, I am going to indicate a series of reasons why it is interesting that you have a blog on your corporate page
Reasons for writing a blog
- Increased notoriety: Having a blog and writing interesting articles about the business sector will help you strengthen the company’s online reputation. For this it is important that the shared content is of quality and relevant.
- Create community: by always writing about the same topics it is quite likely that users will access it repeatedly, looking for new articles. In addition, it will be possible for them to put comments in all your articles, being possible to start a conversation with a potential client.
- Trust: the objective of a blog should not be to sell or to talk about the advantages of your company, but forget that it works for you. If you share quality content, sales or conversions will come hand in hand, as users will associate that you are an expert in the field.
- Increased traffic: the more articles you have positioned the more gateways to your website there will be. As I indicated at the beginning of the article, websites with a built-in blog have a higher percentage of traffic than those without it.
- Positioning of secondary keywords: any positioning strategy is made up of a series of main keywords, the web pages will be optimized for this, and secondary keywords, which must be worked on in blog articles.
Well seen in the eyes of Google: constant activity is something very well seen in the eyes of Google. Adding quality content every month will make Google bots visit you periodically, and that will help your positioning.
- Customer service: many companies write articles to answer the main questions of their customers. Imagine that a customer has a problem with a product of yours and that when they search for the solution on Google you get the first result, don’t you think that speaks highly of you?
- Informative: it is the perfect place to share the news of your company. From new services and products, to the latest company events.
- Get ahead of the competition: differentiation has always been very important. So if your competition does not have a blog, you can show a better image about users. If they have one, why wait to write more interesting and complete articles?
What are you waiting for?
Today having a blog is easier than ever, and is that all CMSs today have the way to add a blog quickly and easily. It is important to have a calendar of publications and topics, so as not to always talk about the same topics. I trust that this article on the reasons for having a blog will help you make the decision to bet on this content marketing strategy. In my case, I have a personal blog, the one you are reading, where I publish twice a month, while on the blog of my marketing agency, Digitalvar, I publish once a month. Go ahead! You already know enough reasons to have a blog, do not delay the inevitable and get ready to write non-stop!
See you in the next article!