How to optimize Twitter?
Twitter is one of the most important social networks of the moment, and somehow changed the way of giving the news. This social network can give us many headaches, since nowadays it is used as a form of customer service. In this article I will give some guidelines to get good results on this platform, and I will talk about a good tool for Twitter, Tweet Binder, which should not be missing in any case if you want to optimize Twitter.
10 tricks to optimize twitter
Profile picture: this aspect is more important than people think, it is with what they will identify us. The most normal thing is that the logo of the company appears.
Cover photo: same as the previous point. Only now the image should be with something related to our company or flagship product. In the following image you can see these 2 points very well.
- Biography: important to put a brief summary about the company. What do you dedicate yourself to and what sets you apart from the competition?
- Follow people of interest: it is important to follow people from your environment. It is worthless to follow people who will not add value to your wall, or to whom you will not contribute value. Just as it is worthless to have thousands of followers but they will interact with you.
- Interact: you have to have conversations with users if you want to optimize Twitter. Not only comment, but also like and re-tweet.
- Utilization of hastags: the # are fundamental in Twitter, although much less than in Instagram. You will have to select 2-3 # per post to give it greater visibility. Of course, do not take the decision lightly that the content is very limited.
- Links: a big problem, derived from the character limits. Luckily there are several programs to shorten URLs that always come in handy.
- Frequency of publication: it is highly recommended to always publish the same days and at the same time. This way our followers will know when we are going to announce something, or simply to publish.
- Tag people in images: we all know that Twitter has a character limit. The problem is aggravated when we want to name several people in our publication, which appear in a photo. Luckily Twitter has advanced, and allows us to tag people, but only lets 10 people tag. Once you name and publish, the named person will receive a notification.
- Create Thread: another problem linked to the character limit is when we want to tell a longer story than normal. Luckily creating a thread is quite simple. Simply press the + button below the tweet you are typing. When you have written all you want, you will have to give Twittear all.
What tool do I usually work with?
There are a lot of tools to manage social networks, but the one I use is Tweet Binder, which is also valid for Instagram management. I think it’s a fairly complete tool and surprisingly not very well known yet. Below I explain several points why I prefer it over other tools for managing Twitter:
Campaigns: you will have a large amount of details about the campaigns produced. It is true that all campaigns are developed by a manager who gives us information, but this tool is useful to corroborate this data.
Know your followers: a fundamental section. The best way to reach your followers is to meet them. You will be able to know at what time they are usually active and with whom they usually interact. This way you will know how to manage the conversation with them. In addition to knowing the most famous circles and with more activity.
Statistics: in this case we are shown the data about our profile. Either the number of times we have been mentioned or labeled, or how many comments we have in our tweets.
Reports: the data and statistics are fine, but it looks better when they are organized in some way. The reports can be made of mentions, #, keywords … of what we want. This allows us to have a broader perspective of the situation and trajectory of the project. The following image I have taken from your website, so you can see what we can get with the reports. We will know which profiles are the most active and popular, number of impressions, best hours and days …
Events: this option has not been used yet, but I’m looking forward to it. Its social media walls allows you to show tweets and Instagram photos in real time. What allows to make events more agile and interesting.
Twitter is a social network that is always on everyone’s lips, and therefore it is essential to be careful with it. Not only is it worth optimizing Twitter, profile and publications, but it is also important to know how to manage crises on Twitter and conversations with our followers. From a certain level it is essential to have a tool to help us with this management, in my case Tweet Binder. If you know any other interesting, do not hesitate to comment. I hope you find the tricks I give you interesting and this tool for Twitter.
See you in the next article!