Essential WooCommerce Plugins
WordPress is one of the most widely used CMS worldwide, and how could it be otherwise, it also allows us the option of setting up an e-commerce, in a simple and intuitive way, simply by installing the Woocommerce plugin. But in this article what I want is that you get the most out of it, that’s why I’m going to recommend a series of plugins for woocommerce, which from my point of view are essential.
what is Woocommerce?
Woocommerce is the WordPress plugin designed to be able to implement an e-commerce on your website. The plugin includes everything you need to start selling, such as the cart, account, checkout page, settings to configure shipping costs and taxes and the most widely used payment methods worldwide. In addition, it will allow you to upload unlimited products where you can put several images, as well as a short and a long description to ensure that your users end up buying.
As a curious fact to indicate that the plugin was created by the company Woothemes, and after its success it was bought by WordPress for 30 million euros. The plugin has been downloaded more than 30 million times since it was created in 2011, and it is increasingly common to see it, especially in stores with less than 100 products.
Woocommerce advantages compared to other CMS
Next, I share with you a series of reasons why I want to make your online store with Woocommerce:
Ease of use: for both users and store administrators. The purchase process is intuitive and simple, offering the best user experience at all times. On the other hand, the administration of the platform, managing orders, uploading new products, etc … is really simple and fast, so there is no need to have technical knowledge.
Versatility: it is not only an online store, but thanks to a series of woocommerce plugins you can turn your page into one of restaurant or excursion reservations, ticket sales, subscription platform … everything is within your reach.
SEO positioning: WordPress is the best positioned CMS, and Woocommerce also benefits from this positioning. You will be able to individually position each of the products in your store.
Responsive design: your store will be adapted at all times to all devices and screens, making the purchase process easy on both PC and mobile.
Payment methods: Woocommerce accepts all the payment methods you can imagine, from a virtual POS to Stripe or Paypal, including cash on delivery or bank transfer. So for the seller there will be no problem, and even less for the buyers!
Essential WooCommerce Plugins
Although Woocommerce is already a fairly complete plugin in itself, an online store can be significantly improved by installing a series of essential Woocommerce plugins. Let’s go there:
- Booster for Woocommerce: with this plugin you will be able to manage various prices and different exchange rates. It is designed for stores with international presence since it allows you to use different types of currencies, making the corresponding conversion, and to mark different prices according to the user or by wholesale, for example.
- Woocommerce PDF Invoices: one of the essential woocommerce plugins without a doubt. It allows you to make and send invoices and delivery notes for each order. Something that is mandatory in each purchase process but that does not include Woocommerce as a base.
- Woocmmerce Multilingual: With this plugin you can translate your store, purchase pages and products into the languages you want.
- Woocommerce customizer:We can modify the names, buttons and descriptions that come to us by default.
- Woocommerce Menú bar cart: all woocommerce templates include the cart, but if your website was not going to be at the beginning you will have a problem. With this plugin you can put the cart icon in your menu without any problem.
- Woocommerce wishlist plugin: the famous wish list. With a simple click, your users will be able to add products to their wish list to buy them again later.
- Custom producto tabs para Woocommerce: by default, only two tabs come to show additional information on each of our products, and sometimes it is not enough. Thanks to this plugin for woocommerce you can add all the tabs you see necessary. If you have a clothing store for example, you can use a tab for description, another for sizes, another to indicate the material used …
- YITH Woocommerce Ajax Search: a simple but really useful woocommerce plugin. It is the famous magnifying glass to search for products, which thanks to using AJAX as you insert letters, products will appear on the screen.
Do I set up my online store with wordpress?
Without a doubt, today is the best option, especially if you are going to have a small or medium store. If you use the plugins for woocommerce that I have indicated in this article, you will be able to create a very complete, intuitive and attractive website for the user.
If you have any questions about setting up your online store, or about any of the woocommerce plugins that I have talked about in this article, do not hesitate to write a comment and I will try to solve it for you as quickly as possible.
See you in the next article!